STATES, CITIES AND CORPORATES DRIVING UPTAKE WITH 100% RENEWABLES TARGETS
This afternoon session will feature a deep dive into how we can drive uptake for renewables at a state level, a city level and through corporate energy buying.
We will host three short panel discussions where energy buyers will outline their challenges and concerns with renewables, then the audience will have the ability to break into two round tables of their choice and will be able to meet with both buyers and industry.
- The interplay between Federal policy-making and state-level policy-making in driving the market forward
- Review of states with a 100% renewable target – is the infrastructure and the capital there to support it?
- From cities to corporates – how are large energy users increasing their investment into solar and wind – did we reach the 6.4 GW* highs from the corporate market predicted in 2018?
- How are PPAs evolving? What new mechanisms are available to hedge risk? What is the relationship between generation, energy buyers and networks now?
- What is the size of the corporate PPA market?
* EY identified Corporate buyers entered into over 6 GW of power purchase agreements (PPAs) in the USA in 2018